The Stress-Free Guide to Moving House
It is no surprise that many homeowners hate the moving process, as there are so many things to organise; utilities, house cleaning and removal company, to name but a few, and if you are planning to move sometime in 2020, here is our guide to a stress-free move.
- Start as you mean to continue – Prior to actually moving in, you can contact the affordable home cleaning in Christchurch offered by an established local company. If your new home is spotless when you arrive, moving in is so much easier, and you can use the same company to clean up your old dwelling, ready for the new occupants.
- All Inclusive Removals – There are removal companies that will handle everything including the packing, and their all-inclusive price means there are no nasty surprises when it comes to settling the bill. All you have to do is give the removalist an inventory list of all the items that are included in the move and they will do the rest, leaving you free to think about other aspects of the move.
- Create a List – There will no doubt be a long list of essential services that you sometimes call on and each has to be informed that you no longer live at the address. You might be relocating to a nearby location and wish to continue the service, otherwise thank them for their support and inform them that you no longer require their services. Remember to disconnect the utilities on the day that you leave, while ensuring that power and water are turned on at the new residence.
- Change of Address – If you have any magazine subscriptions, you will need to inform the publisher of your new address, and any local services that you have used in the past should be notified of your intended relocation.
- Pet Care – The family pet will have to be transported to the new home and you may have to contain your pet in the house for a while, at least until they become accustomed to their new territory.
If you can source a reliable removal contractor, that is half the battle and if you can ask your parents to have the kids for the day, even better. Pre-packing can make things a lot easier on the big day and remember to pack some cold refreshments for the removal team, which will be very welcome at the end of a long and tiring day.